Color Grade In Diamonds
Care for Your Diamonds
Diamonds have affinity to grease .Which means that diamond jewellery will pick up grease and oil from the skin of wearer or from the soap one uses while washing hands etc .This is the reason why some of the users claim about loss in the sparkle in diamond jewellery over a period of time. Therefore cleaning of diamond jewellery with a mild detergent from both the back and front is important.
In case of Solitaires, we suggest that they should be worn singly.Avoid wearing multiple solitaire rings on one finger as the stones might get scratched, rubbing against each other or the prongs might break with the stone cutting it.
Note : Go to Multani Jewellers for Regular Cleaning /cheakup, Please try not to do it yourself .
How to Take Care of Diamonds Jewellery
Diamonds are among the hardest substances on earth. Yet, they can be damaged if you do not take good care of them. Diamond jewellery, when worn constantly, can accumulate dust and grime and become dullDiamonds may also get scratched or the stones can work loose from the settings. When you store your jewellery together, they can rub against each other and get scratched.
1. Diamonds Jewellery should be kept in a fabric lined jewel case /folder or a box with compartments or dividers.
2 . If placed in one box, each piece should be wrapped in a tissue paper because sometimes a diamond can scratch and damage another diamond.
3. Do not wear diamond jewellery while doing rough work. Although a diamond is durable/hard ,it can be chipped by a very hard blow(at some angles
4 . High temperatures induce etching on the facets and utmost care must be taken during exposure to excessive heat or chemicals.
5 . Diamond jewellery should not in contact with chlorine bleach because it can pit and discolor the mounting.
6 . A jewellery should check the jewellery you wear regularly,at least once a year , for loose stones and the wear of the mounting.He can also clean it professionally and check it in an ultrasonic cleaner .
How You Can Take Care of Your Gold Jewelry ?
Gold has always been a popular choice for jewellery. Fortunately, by taking proper care of your Gold Jewellery, you can ensure that it lasts a lifetime. Caring for your gold jewelry means not only cleaning it regularly but also storing it properly. Learn the steps you can take to take proper care of your gold jewellery.
- Begin by mixing a few drops of mild dish soap with warm water.
- Gently immerse your gold jewelry in the soapy water.
- Use a soft brush (a toothbrush works well) to clean intricate details and crevices.
- Rinse your jewelry under warm running water to remove any soap residue.
- Pat dry with a soft, lint-free cloth to avoid water spots.
- Gold is a relatively soft metal, so handle your jewelry with care to prevent scratches and dents.
- Avoid wearing gold jewelry during strenuous activities or when there’s a risk of impact.
Avoid Harsh Chemicals:
- Refrain from exposing your gold jewelry to chemicals, including household cleaning agents, bleach, and chlorine.
- Remove your jewelry before swimming or using hot tubs as chlorine can affect the metal’s finish.
- Gold is resistant to tarnish, but it can still dull over time.
- Store your gold jewelry separately in a jewellery box or soft pouch to prevent scratches and tarnishing.
- Avoid contact with substances like perfume, lotions, and perspiration, which can speed up tarnish.
- Regularly examine your gold jewelry for loose stones and signs of wear .
- If you notice any issues, have them repaired by a professional jeweler promptly to prevent further damage.
- Store each piece ofgold jewelleryseparately to prevent them from scratching each other.
- Use compartments or soft pouches to keep your pieces safe and organized.
Protect from Direct Sunlight:
- Avoid exposing yourgold jewelleryto direct sunlight for extended periods, as it can affect the metal’s luster.
- Store your jewellery in a cool, dark place to shield it from unnecessary sun exposure.
Wear with Care:
- Be mindful of how you wear your gold jewellery and remove it when engaging in activities that could expose it to unnecessary wear and tear.
- For intricate or valuable pieces, consider professional cleaning by a jeweler. They have the expertise to ensure thorough cleaning without causing damage.
- Keep records of your gold jewelry, including appraisals, certificates, and purchase receipts. This information can be invaluable for insurance and in case of loss or theft.
Conclusion : Taking proper care of your gold jewelry ensures it remains a lasting symbol of beauty and value. With a little attention and care, you can enjoy your treasured pieces for years to come.